Work With Us
Colorado Conservatory of Dance (CCD), a vibrant, innovative 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization, invites applications for the key position of Conservatory Manager. Serving as the primary “hub” of activities within CCD’s renowned training programs, the successful candidate will possess a rare balance of administrative and organizational acumen along with tremendous customer service skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
This is a .75 non-benefit salaried position with the potential to earn separate hourly compensation for teaching within the Conservatory depending upon the candidate’s experience, credentials, and approval for assignment by the Artistic Director. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and credentials.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following key competencies:
- A strong background in professional and/or collegiate dance training and performance
- Demonstrated success in nonprofit arts organizations, particularly in scheduling, event coordination, enrollment management, and recruitment/retention
- Significant experience with and a love for children ages 2-18
- An instinct for strategic thinking
- The ability to anticipate and respond to rapidly evolving trends within the Conservatory, the community, and beyond
- A knack for data collection and analysis, and a fondness for spreadsheets
- Superlative interpersonal skills and an ability to forge authentic relationships among a variety of stakeholders and customers
- A lifelong commitment to arts advocacy and the power of dance to affect positive social and cultural change
- A terrific sense of humor
The position’s general responsibilities are detailed below:
Under general supervision of the Artistic Director and in close coordination with the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the operation of the educational functions and facilities of the Conservatory. Specifically, these duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing daily student activities within the Conservatory
- Serving as primary liaison between students/families and CCD staff and Board of Directors
- Monitoring and increasing enrollment, including providing regular enrollment reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors and actively recruiting and retaining new students
- Communicating Conservatory-wide information via online and in-person channels
- Coordinating schedules for all activities within CCD’s studios including classes, rehearsals, performances, and special events in coordination with CCD’s Artistic Director
- Developing faculty course assignments and schedules in coordination with the Artistic Director
- Coordinating young children summer camps (Fairytale and Intermediate), including programming, scheduling & demonstrations
- Tracking student financial accounts and billing and providing regular revenue reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Supervising CCD front desk assistants, including hiring, training, and scheduling work shifts
- Creating and distributing student placement letters
- Facilitating rentals of CCD spaces in coordination with the Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Production Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, detailed resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Executive Director Richard Cowden at email@example.com no later than July 19, 2019. Hiring will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive criminal background screening.
Photo by Misha Photography
Visionary dance educators
Colorado Conservatory of Dance has been providing exceptional community programming and education since 1992. Our community programs reach over 14,000 individuals each year, and include full-time partnerships with four Title I elementary schools and extensive lecture demonstrations throughout the season.
We are not currently seeking dance instructors within the organization, however we are always looking to build relationships with like-minded dance educators who may be a good fit with the organization at a later date. If you are fulfilled by “making lives better through dance”, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interns with CCD receive real world experience working right alongside our artistic and administrative staff. We are currently seeking interns who are interested in arts/non-profit administration, fundraising, photography/videography, or integrated arts education. To be considered for an internship position, email us at email@example.com.