Adult Dance Classes
Our Adult dance classes are for those ages 18+. From adult ballet fundamentals to advanced pointe, modern, tap, and jazz, CCD offers a wide range of classes to fit a busy schedule. Enroll in unlimited classes, or sign up for our flexible classes one at a time. We offer a variety of classes and times to fit your schedule. Our adult program runs year-round beginning mid-August with breaks for Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break.
What Community Says
Excellent dance studio for all ages! The full schedule of adult classes keeps dancers of every level challenged and engaged, while getting in a full-body workout. The teachers are incredibly supportive of learning ballet in all walks of life, and the studio has built up a wonderful community of adult dancers.
See what our classes are all about
Join us for the annual DanceFound showcase!
Experience an extraordinary evening filled with captivating performances, diverse artistic styles, and thought-provoking viewpoints at our annual spring showcase of adult dancers. Join us as the talented faculty and adult students of the Colorado Conservatory of Dance take the stage in a celebration of creativity and expression.
This one-of-a-kind performance event offers a remarkable platform for our adult students to shine, featuring professional choreographed works as well as opportunities for those interested to showcase their own choreographic talents. Witness the passion and dedication of our dancers as they bring these pieces to life, each one telling a unique story and captivating the audience.
Whether you’re cheering on your friends and family or embarking on a journey of discovery, this evening promises to be an unforgettable experience. Immerse yourself in the beauty of dance, as new passions are awakened and artistic expressions come to life.
Join us for an enchanting night of exceptional performances, where the Colorado Conservatory of Dance community showcases their talents, inspires, and leaves an indelible mark on your heart.
Mark your calendars for the exciting DanceFound events
- September 15, 2023: DanceFound kick-off meeting from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- October 2, 2023: DanceFound registration opens.
- November 22, 2023: DanceFound registration closes.
- March 23, 2024: DanceFound performances at the Performing Arts Complex at PCS.
DanceFound offers a unique opportunity for dance enthusiasts to connect, grow, and share their passion for dance. Don’t miss out on the exciting journey that DanceFound has to offer!
Adult Classes and Descriptions
- Ballet Fundamentals – A gentle class that will teach you the need-to-know basics—perfect for beginners with no experience.
- Beginning Ballet – An invigorating ballet class for adults who are beyond the basics.
- Beginning/Intermediate Ballet – A gentle but challenging ballet class for adults who have a moderate level of experience.
- Intermediate/Advanced Ballet – An exciting and fast-paced class for experienced ballet students.
- Power Hour (various levels) – Hour-long classes offered throughout the week at convenient times for busy lives.
- Adult Tap – A fun class that teaches the elements of a beginning/intermediate Tap Dance including vocabulary, musicality (rhythm, timing and phrasing) and also individual style.
- Adult Jazz – More than just a dance class, dancers will explore jazz dance from the historic vernacular roots through the performative styles of Fosse and Luigi to current forms underpinning much of popular dance.
- Adult Modern – Dancers will explore the general concepts and techniques of modern dance while learning specific somatic and improvisational skills.
- Adult Body Prep – Based on Dynamic Stretching, this class wakes your body up and gets you ready for class. It’s a great workout.
- Adult Pre Pointe – A class that guides you through core, leg, and ankle strengthening exercises. Pre pointe will make you more prepared for your first time on pointe.
- Adult Beg/Int Pointe – This class is great for students who have never had at least a year on pointe. We do a great deal of strengthening on pointe, pointe work at the barre with both two hands and one hand, and we slowly progress to turns and center work.
- Adult Beginning Pointe – This pointe class is great for adults who have just recently started pointe work. You will learn the composition of a pointe shoe and how to work in the shoe correctly. Emphasis will be on developing proper strength of the toes/foot/ankle/leg/abdomen.