The Nutcracker Sweet
We won’t stop dancing!
In a time when our most treasured traditions are threatened, many performing arts companies have been forced to cancel their holiday productions entirely, leaving families wondering how they can even begin to capture the magic of the season amid such challenging conditions. So in response and in defiance of everything that says “no,” Colorado Conservatory of Dance has reimagined The Nutcracker and is bringing it to the screen as The Nutcracker Sweet! Cuddle up with your loved ones around the television or other device as we stream a new version of the timeless classic–complete with smaller, socially-distanced cast and interactive moments for you to share delicious treats with characters from the ballet.
One of the most unique aspects of The Nutcracker Sweet will be audience members’ ability to buy specially-themed baskets of holiday treats along with their ticket/link purchase, then join in with cast members from the ballet during the streaming event to enjoy their goodies simultaneously with their favorite characters in real time. This approach, according to Artistic Director Julia Wilkinson Manley, “allows our audience members—wherever they happen to be—to feel like they’re part of the action, and while we know it’s not an equal substitute for a live, in-person performance, we feel like it’s a great way to build a virtual community around this timeless family classic.”
Joined virtually by renowned professional guest artists John Lam and Nina Matiashvili of Boston Ballet and Chase O’Connell and Beckanne Sisk of Ballet West, the streaming performance is an intimate journey through the fantastical world of The Nutcracker as seen through the eyes of young Clara.
A new twist on the holiday tradition streamed straight to your favorite device! The Nutcracker Sweet promises to be a memorable, fascinating experience with something for the whole family to enjoy—exactly when we all need a little holiday spirit the most.
Streaming dates and times:
- Friday, December 11, 2020 at 6:30pm with Chase O’Connell and Beckanne Sisk of Ballet West
- Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 1pm* with John Lam and Nina Matiashvili of Boston Ballet
- Saturday, December 12, 2020 at 6:30pm with Chase O’Connell and Beckanne Sisk of Ballet West
- Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 1pm* with Chase O’Connell and Beckanne Sisk of Ballet West
- Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 6:30pm with John Lam and Nina Matiashvili of Boston Ballet
* Missing the tradition of our annual Nutcracker Tea event? Be sure to purchase one of our 1pm performance streaming links! These two performances will also include an interactive Nutcracker Tea component. You have the option to add a Clara Gift Box so you can join in on the holiday festivities from home.
Each streaming link will be good for the date/time of your purchase with the price of $34.95 per streaming link. Your streaming link will be sent to you 2 hour prior to your performance day and time. Deciding to opt out or unsubscribe from CCD emails may result in your inability to receive links to streaming events via this service.