As we are excited to get back to a live performance, please read and pay close attention to our processes for our return to the theatre.
All in-person performances being held at: Performing Arts Complex at PCS, the Broomfield Auditorium, or CCD’s Studio Theatre apply to these policies.
PLEASE PLAN ON ARRIVING TO THE THEATRE 45 MINUTES TO ONE HOUR EARLY TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS.
As you arrive at the theatre, and before entering the theatre, please have ready the following required items.
- Patrons aged 18 years and older will need to provide a valid ID showing name and birthdate.
- Preferred method of COVID requirements:
- Proof of your COVID Vaccine card (either physical or digital proof will be accepted) for all Patrons aged 12 years and older.
- OR a negative COVID-19 PCR test results taken within 72 hours of the performance start time either printed, via email or text.
- OR a negative rapid antigen test taken within six hours prior to the performance time for all Patrons aged 12 years and older with these steps.
- Name(s), date, and time of test written on the rapid test itself.
- A photo taken with your valid ID, with name, date, and time clearly written on the test in the photo.
- Bring the photos ready on your device to be shown to our staff.
- Rapid tests will NOT be available at the theater.
- Masks will be worn over the nose and mouth and required to enter the theatre for all Patrons 2 years and above and remain on while inside the theatre.
- Patrons who do not comply with the above will not be permitted inside the theatre.
For those needing testing, here is a sampling of local testing sites.
- Free Testing Denver
- Free Testing COVIDCheck Colorado
- Free Community Testing Sites
- Weekend Testing Sites
E-Tickets were sent with your original email confirmation. Printed/physical tickets are not required for entry. If you are needing your E-Tickets re-sent to your email address, please contact our Box Office at email@example.com prior to your performance or by calling 303.466.5685. Please have your E-Tickets readily available before arriving at the theatre.
The Box Office will open one hour prior to each performance. Day-Of tickets will increase by $5 each and are only available online. All Day-Of tickets will still be required to follow all the same protocols. The Box Office will be able to help with any E-Ticket issues.
The theatre doors will open 30 minutes prior to each performance. While you wait to enter the theatre, enjoy finding that perfect last minute gift at our Gift Shoppe.
Save paper and take a moment to download the digital version of our playbill. There will be a limited number of printed playbills at the theatre.
PHOTO AND CHARACTER OPPORTUNITIES
Photo and character opportunities will be available after every performance in our lobby, but will be socially distanced and masked.
SPECIAL INTERACTIVE OPPORTUNITY
While our interactive opportunities will still be held after every performance, Patrons will be asked to stay in their seats, socially distanced, and masked.
TICKET SALES ARE FINAL
My Secret Bully, Anti-Bullying: Holistic Wellness Program
A free community performance by CCD’s Studio Company
February 25 at 4pm
3 Community Park Road
Broomfield, CO 80020
Cinderella and the Evil Stepmother
A World Premiere by Dominic Walsh
May 14 & 15, 2022
1:00 & 6:30pm
Step into an enchanting, heart-warming retelling of the classic tale. Through courage, kindness and tenacity, this modern-day Cinderella triumphs in the face of adversity.
Performing Arts Complex at PCS
1001 W. 84th Ave (corner of 84th & Huron Street)
Federal Heights, CO 80260
- Adult Ticket (19-64 years of age): Prime $28 / Standard $24 / Value $20
- Senior Ticket (65 years and up): Prime $26 / Standard $22 / Value $18
- Teen Ticket (13-18 years of age): Prime $24 / Standard $20 / Value $16
- Child Ticket (18 months up to 12 years of age): Prime $12 / Standard $10 / Value $8
Day of ticketing pricing increases by $5 each.
Tickets for this special performance are only available over the phone. Please call 303.466.5685.
- House lights will remain on the make the environment not-s-scary.
- Music will be altered so there will not be any sudden loud noises.
- Participants may fee free to express themselves or react to the ballet in a way they need.
- Use of therapeutic manipulatives are allowed.
- Use of iPads or similar devices is permitted, but for the safety of the dancers, we prohibit the use of flashed or sudden bright lights.
- CCD will only sell half the seats, allowing for guests to sit where they feel most comfortable. Social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- All Ticket Policies listed above, will also be required for this performance. Masks are required for those 2+.
- Ticket sales are final.
- This event will sell out!
Question: Who is the intended audience for this performance? And who qualifies as a “guest of honor”?
Answer: As part of CCD’s commitment to “dance is for everyone” the Sensory-Friendly performance are intended specifically for people with sensory needs that might otherwise not feel welcome attending typical performances, whom we refer to as our “Guests of Honor” and who pay no admission price. Additionally, we offer deeply discounted ticket prices for anyone accompanying those guests.
Question: How long will this performance be?
Answer: The Sensory-Friendly Cinderella and the Evil Stepmother lasts for slightly under two hours.
Question: Is there an intermission?
Answer: Yes. This is generally 20 minutes in duration.
Question: I have a three-year old daughter who won’t sit through a typical two hour performance, may I bring her to this one instead?
Answer: You may be surprised to learn that families with young children are actually encouraged to attend our Nutcracker matinee performances. After each performance, we have a special on-stage experience for children this age! The Sensory-Friendly performance features a number of accommodations that are specially designed for those whose needs would make them uncomfortable or unable to attend a “typical” performance.
Question: I am a senior and we are on a fixed income, may we come to this performance?
Answer: While the Sensory-Friendly performance is not geared towards seniors, we do offer Value and Senior pricing for all our Nutcracker performances in order to make the experience affordable for all audience members.
Question: I see that the Guests of Honor are able to get up and move about, can you please explain what this means?
Answer: Guests of Honor are encouraged to leave their seats and move about the theatre as we realize that some are better able to process the performance’s magic through a kinesthetic experience. We only ask that their movements do not impede the enjoyment or safety of other audience members or performers.
Question: Manipulatives are allowed, will this distract the dancers?
Answer: If the use of personal manipulatives assist our Guests of Honor in their enjoyment of the performance, we encourage their use. Rest assured that our performers are aware and supportive of the variety of accommodations made for our Guests of Honor during the Sensory-Friendly performance.
Question: Is flash photography allowed?
Answer: Unfortunately, as this can be a danger to our dancers, flash photography is prohibited.
Question: Will the dancers be in full costume?
Question: What about potentially scary masks?
Answer: Out of respect for our guests of honor, whose responses to sudden and unexpected stimulus may inhibit their enjoyment of the performance, we begin the experience by showing all attendees our Mouse costume, so that the audience has seen our dancer with the mask on and off.
Question: What is a “Tutu Petting Zoo”?
Answer: We have a table set up so guests can touch and feel costume pieces and pointe shoes from this performance.
Question: Will this performance sell out?
Answer: YES. We did completely sell out in 2018 & 2019! As we hate the notion of turning away families for this special event, please be certain to get your tickets early once you’re confident that the Sensory-Friendly performance is the correct one for you and your family.
Question: Will the new Ticket Policies be in place for the Sensory-Friendly Performance?
Answer: Yes. In order to protect all our Patrons, as well as our dancers, the Mask and Vaccine/Testing requirements will also be in place during our Sensory-Friendly performance.
Colorado Conservatory of Dance presents
Sensory-Friendly Cinderella and the Evil Stepmother
This performance allows people with sensory, social and learning disabilities to participate in a cherished holiday tradition with their families.
Friday, May 13 at 6:30pm
This performance will be held at the Performing Arts Complex at PCS, 1001 W. 84th Ave, Federal Heights, CO 80260. (West of I-25 at 84th and Huron Street.)
Guest of Honor is FREE / Family Members $10 per ticket
Please note: this performance is only for those who have sensory, social, and learning disabilities and their families.