For Advanced 1-5 Dancers
Our Studio Company is comprised of dedicated, curious, and talented dancers from our Advanced Divisions. In addition to performing in CCD’s production of The Nutcracker, these dancers tour to eight elementary schools annually, performing an anti-bullying-based production, partner with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra to co-produce two sensory-friendly performances, and perform for 900 children at the Broomfield Auditorium.
Pre-Audition Summer Training
- Dancer must take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp/intensive (all missed technique classes must be made up)
- Within dancer’s 4 weeks of intensive, dancer must attend a minimum of the following ballet technique classes in dancer level during the summer*
- Advanced 1/2 – 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Advanced 3/4/5 – 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- Requirements are number of technique classes attended, not hours. Pointe, intensive, specialty dance classes and private lessons do not count toward these requirements. Non-CCD intensives must be approved by the Artistic Director.
Season Training Requirements
- Dancer must be currently enrolled at CCD, taking the following classes per week (all CCD course prerequisites must be met):
- Advanced 1 – Women: minimum of eight classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 2 –Women: minimum of nine classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 3 – Women: minimum of ten classes, Men: minimum of eight classes
- Advanced 4 & 5 – Women: minimum of eleven classes, Men: minimum of nine classes
- Training requirements must be fulfilled through enrollment in classes at Colorado Conservatory of Dance.
Studio Company Fees
- Studio Company fee of $755 (for all levels).
- $375 for rehearsals/coaching and performance opportunities.
- $100 performance photo/video fee per family (students will receive performance photos and videos from all Stu Co productions listed below).
- $30 t-shirt
- $250 Production Fundraising