Photo by Misha Photography
Report an Absence
We strongly urge students to make-up missed classes. Classes may only be made-up when the following procedure is followed:
- Complete the form below when your dancer will be absent.
- To qualify for a make-up, you must complete this form IN ADVANCE to schedule a make-up time.
- Schedule a make-up time within 4 weeks of the absence date.
- All make-ups must be pre-arranged IN ADVANCE. After 4 weeks, classes may no longer be made-up.
- Make-up classes must be in the same level as the missed class or lower. No make-ups in a higher level than the missed class.
- Non-Ballet classes may be made-up in ballet classes.
- Come to the front desk on the day of the make-up to get a class pass.
- No tuition credits or refunds will be given for absences or missed classes.
- Scheduled breaks such a Spring Break and Holidays breaks do not count for makeups.
Please follow these steps below to report an absence:
1) Log in to your DSP Parent/Student Portal
2) At top: More => Attendance, or scroll to bottom and select Attendance icon
3) Click the black button that says “Report Absence”
4) Select which student (if more than one in household) will be missing, click “Next”
5) Select the date(s) of the absence, click “Next”
6) Input the reason for the absence where provided, click “Submit Absence”
7) You can also see from the Attendance Dashboard how many classes you’ve missed and how many make-up classes you’ve taken.