Colorado Conservatory of Dance presents The Nutcracker 2022
Conditions permitting, we will once again present our signature production LIVE at The Performing Arts Complex at PCS December 10, 11, 16 (Sensory-Friendly), 17 & 18, 2022.
2022 Nutcracker Auditions:
Auditions will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2022. Pre-registration is required. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your audition class time. Parents are asked to come in to the building with their dancers to check them in and out. Photos will follow each audition class.
- Arrival time: 12:15-12:30pm
- Audition: 1:00-2:15pm
Advanced 1/2/3 Divisions
- Arrival time: 3:00-3:15pm
- Audition: 3:45-5:00pm
Advanced 4/5 Divisions
- Arrival time: 1:45-2:00pm
- Audition: 2:30-3:30pm
Note: This audition assumes that dancers have taken a full class just prior. Please take Advanced 3/4/5 technique class from 11:15-1:30pm.
Parents, please make sure you come into the facility to check-in your dancer.
Our Mandatory Nutcracker Kick Off Meeting will be on Tuesday, August 30 at approx 7:30pm
Rehearsals & Performance:
Please contact the Front Desk with any questions at 303.466.5685
Performances will be held on December 10, 11, 16 (Sensory-Friendly), 17 & 18, 2022
2022 Participation Requirements:
In order to participate in CCD’s annual The Nutcracker performance, students must meet the following general requirements:
- All dancers interested in participating in The Nutcracker must complete all summer and fall course requirements listed below.
- Completion of all course requirements guarantees a dancer a role in this year’s production.
- Those unable to complete course requirements may opt to audition for the production with no guarantee of being cast.
- Dancers auditioning without having met summer course requirements must still complete all fall course requirements.
- Dancer is 7 years old or older by August 20, 2022 (no exceptions)
- Dancer has performed in at least one CCD Gala production or possess equivalent performance experience (as approved by the Artistic Director)
- Mandatory performance photo/video/and t-shirt fee: $100.00 per family (siblings pay $30 for t-shirts)
- Additional t-shirts are $30.00 each and must be purchased by the August 20, 2022 during the Mandatory Kick Off Meeting
- Participation fee for those who have not completed summer and fall requirements: $350.00. This fee helps CCD offset lost tuition revenue for summer and goes directly to production costs.
- Dancers who are able to fulfill CCD’s summer training requirements are automatically accepted into the production (an audition is still required for casting purposes), and their participation fee will be waived.
- Families must provide an active credit card number, which will be charged the necessary amount to rectify any unusual wear and tear or damage that occurs by a student performer to his/her/their costume. Families will provide this on the fundraising form attached to the last page of this contract. (Alternative financial arrangements are available–please contact CCD at 303-466-5685 or email@example.com for more information.)
Summer 2022 training and other requirements:
- Primary dancers must take 2 weeks of summer camp.
- Intermediate dancers must take 2 weeks of summer camp.
- Advanced dancers must take at least 4 weeks of summer intensive.
- In addition to the minimum camp/intensive requirement, the dancer must attend a minimum of the following ballet technique classes in dancer level during the summer (this includes Ballet Technique classes taken as part of their camp/intensive or Interim Classes during June or August).*
- Primary – dancer must attend 2 weeks of CCD’s Primary Camp (camp includes 10 ballet classes, so any missed ballet classes must be made up).
- Intermediate 1 – dancer must attend 2 weeks of camp (camp included 10 ballet classes, so any missed ballet classes must be made up)
- Intermediate 2 & 3 – dancer must attend 2 weeks of camp, plus an additional four ballet classes to be completed during interim or as drop in (camp includes 10 ballet classes, so any missed ballet classes must be made up)**
- Advanced 1 & 2 – 20 Ballet Technique classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Advanced 3/4/5 – 30 Ballet Technique classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- *Requirements are number of Ballet Technique classes attended, not hours. Pointe, Technique Intensive, and other specialty dance classes and private lessons do not count towards these requirements. Non-CCD intensives must be approved by the Artistic Director.
Fall 2022-2023 Season Requirements: TBD at this time. Below is an example of 2021-2022’s season requirements:
Dancer must be currently enrolled at CCD, taking the following classes per week (all CCD course prerequisites must be met):
- Primary 1 & 2
- Minimum of one ballet class
- Primary 3
- Minimum of two ballet classes (including Jazz)
- Intermediate 1 & 2
- Minimum of three classes
- Intermediate 3
- Minimum of five classes
- Advanced 1
- Women: minimum of eight classes
- Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 2
- Women: minimum of nine classes
- Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 3
- Women: minimum of ten classes
- Men: minimum of eight classes
- Advanced 4 & 5
- Women: minimum of eleven classes
- Men: minimum of nine classes
For all attendance, fundraising and volunteer support, please ask for the sample Nutcracker Contracts available at the front desk.
Studio Company Participation:
Studio Company is a year long commitment that is separate from participation in The Nutcracker. Please visit the Studio Company page for more information, including audition date and time, for all information relating to Studio Company.