About our Studio Company
Established in 1993, our Studio Company gives upper level students significant performing opportunities throughout the year, including two annual concerts presented to the public in February and May, as well as performing in CCD’s The Nutcracker, and lecture demonstrations to Broomfield and Boulder County elementary schools.
Studio Company dancers maintain classical and contemporary repertoire, rehearsing and studying 20-25 hours per week from August to June. This group of dedicated dancers is also individually coached in preparing classical variations for the Denver Ballet Guild Young Dancers Competition held each March.
Studio Company Requirements for the 2022-2023 season:
Studio Company fee of $755 (for all levels).
$375 for rehearsals/coaching and performance opportunities.
$100 performance photo/video fee per family (students will receive performance photos and videos from all Stu Co productions listed below).
2022-2023 Summer Training and other Requirements:
- Dancer take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp/intensive (all missed technique classes must be made up)
- Within dancer’s 4 weeks of intensive, dancer attended a minimum of the following ballet technique classes in dancer level during the summer*
- Advanced 1//2 – 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Advanced 3/4/5 – 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- Requirements are number of technique classes attended, not hours. Pointe, intensive, specialty dance classes and private lessons do not count toward these requirements. Non-CCD intensives must be approved by the Artistic Director.
2022-2023 Season Class Requirements:
Dancer must be currently enrolled at CCD, taking the following classes per week (all CCD Course prerequisites must be met):
- Advanced 1 – Women: minimum of eight classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 2 –Women: minimum of nine classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 3 – Women: minimum of ten classes, Men: minimum of eight classes
- Advanced 4 & 5 – Women: minimum of eleven classes, Men: minimum of nine classes
Training requirements must be fulfilled through enrollment in classes at Colorado Conservatory of Dance.
2022-2023 Season Rehearsal Schedule – Times are subject to change until the 2022-2023 Season Schedule is complete.
|August-December varies with Nutcracker roles. January-May; 2-7pm for all Advanced 1/2/3/4/5|
Make sure to not miss our 2022-2023 season!
Studio Company auditions will be held on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 for those in the Advanced 1 through Advanced 5 (new fall placement) between 7:30-9pm. All auditioning dancers must register prior to the audition by Saturday, August 13, or pay a $35 audition fee. Audition forms are given by request. Please email email@example.com to view a sample contract and receive your audition form.
Studio Company’s 2022-2023 season:
- The Dance Archive 50th Anniversary – October 16, 2022
- Community Education Tours – November & January
- The Crayon Box at Broomfield Audi – February 2023
- Colorado Conservatory of Dance presents reLIGHT – May 12-14, 2023
Studio Company Presents reLIGHT
Colorado Conservatory of Dance welcomes five celebrated choreographers from around the country to create inspiring new works on CCD’s Studio Company. Audiences will enjoy new creations by Chung-Fu Chang, Autumn Eckman, David Barbour, Courtney Harris, and Dominic Walsh. Additionally, partnering with The Dance Archive, CCD’s Studio Company will work with revered San Francisco Ballet choreographer Carlos Carvajal to recreate an archival ballet created in the 1960’s for the first professional ballet company in Denver – the Denver Civic Ballet.