About our Studio Company
Established in 1993, our Studio Company gives upper level students significant performing opportunities throughout the year, including two annual concerts presented to the public in February and May, as well as performing in CCD’s The Nutcracker, and lecture demonstrations to Broomfield and Boulder County elementary schools.
Studio Company dancers maintain classical and contemporary repertoire, rehearsing and studying 20-25 hours per week from August to June. This group of dedicated dancers is also individually coached in preparing classical variations for the Denver Ballet Guild Young Dancers Competition held each March.
*Studio Company Requirements will be changing for the 2019-2020 season* Please attend out Info Meeting on Tuesday, May 21 from 7-8pm in Studio 4.5.
Auditions for Studio Company for the 2019-2020 season will be held on Tuesday, August 13, approx time will be 7:30pm. Mandatory Kick Off Meeting for both the dancer and parent will be Thursday, April 15, from 7:30-9pm.
Studio Company fee of $500 (for all levels), payable in up to three installments if necessary. This fee includes:
$125 for anti-bullying tour and Audi performance
$250 for spring concert at Pinnacle
$100 photo/video (students will receive photos and videos from all three StuCo productions listed below)
$25 Studio Company t-shirt
2019-2020 Summer Training and other Requirements:
- Dancer take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp/intensive (all missed technique classes must be made up)
- Within dancer’s 4 weeks of intensive, dancer attended a minimum of the following ballet technique classes in dancer level during the summer*
- Advanced 1//2 – 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Advanced 3/4/PPP – 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- Requirements are number of technique classes attended, not hours. Pointe, intensive, specialty dance classes and private lessons do not count toward these requirements. Non-CCD intensives must be approved by the Artistic Director.
2019-2020 Season Class Requirements:
Dancer must be currently enrolled at CCD, taking the following classes per week (all CCD Course prerequisites must be met):
- Advanced 1 – Women: minimum of eight classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 2 –Women: minimum of nine classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 3 – Women: minimum of ten classes, Men: minimum of eight classes
- Advanced 4 – Women: minimum of eleven classes, Men: minimum of nine classes
- Pre-Professional Program – Enrolled in all Pre-Professional classes
Training requirements must be fulfilled through enrollment in classes at Colorado Conservatory of Dance.
Congratulation to our 2018-2019 Studio Company members!
And our newest Al la Carte Members:
Make sure to not miss our 2018-2019 season!
The Nutcracker – December 8, 9, 14, 15 & 16 – at the Performing Arts Complex at PCS
Tales en Pointe Winter Performance – February 22 & 23 – at Colorado Conservatory of Dance
Young Choreographer’s Showcase – March 23 – at Broomfield Auditorium
Spring Concert – May 11 – at Performing Arts Complex at PCS
|August-December varies with Nutcracker roles. January-June 2-7pm.|