About our Studio Company
Established in 1993, our Studio Company gives upper level students significant performing opportunities throughout the year, including two annual concerts presented to the public in February and May, as well as performing in CCD’s The Nutcracker, and lecture demonstrations to Broomfield and Boulder County elementary schools.
Studio Company dancers maintain classical and contemporary repertoire, rehearsing and studying 20-25 hours per week from August to June. This group of dedicated dancers is also individually coached in preparing classical variations for the Denver Ballet Guild Young Dancers Competition held each March.
Studio Company Requirements for the 2021-2022 season:
Studio Company fee of $750 (for all levels). If paying by installments, the fee will be $800. This fee includes:
$125 for anti-bullying tour
$250 for spring concert at Pinnacle
$100 photo/video (students will receive photos and videos from all Studio Company productions
$25 Studio Company t-shirt
2021-2022 Summer Training and other Requirements:
- Dancer take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp/intensive (all missed technique classes must be made up)
- Within dancer’s 4 weeks of intensive, dancer attended a minimum of the following ballet technique classes in dancer level during the summer*
- Advanced 1//2 – 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Advanced 3/4/5/PPP – 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- Requirements are number of technique classes attended, not hours. Pointe, intensive, specialty dance classes and private lessons do not count toward these requirements. Non-CCD intensives must be approved by the Artistic Director.
2021-2022 Season Class Requirements:
Dancer must be currently enrolled at CCD, taking the following classes per week (all CCD Course prerequisites must be met):
- Advanced 1 – Women: minimum of eight classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 2 –Women: minimum of nine classes, Men: minimum of seven classes
- Advanced 3 – Women: minimum of ten classes, Men: minimum of eight classes
- Advanced 4 & 5 – Women: minimum of eleven classes, Men: minimum of nine classes
- Pre-Professional Program – Enrolled in all Pre-Professional classes
Training requirements must be fulfilled through enrollment in classes at Colorado Conservatory of Dance.
2021-2022 Season Rehearsal Schedule – Times are subject to change until the 2021-2022 Season Schedule is complete.
|August-December varies with Nutcracker roles. January-May; 2-7pm for all Advanced 1/2/3/4/5/PPP|
Make sure to not miss our 2021-2021 season!
The Nutcracker returns to the stage! – December 10, 11, 12, 17 (Sensory-Friendly), 18 & 19, 2021 – at the Performing Arts Complex at PCS
Anti-Bullying Performance – February 25, 2022 – at the Broomfield Auditorium
Dominic Walsh’s Cinderella and the Evil Stepmother – May 13 (Sensory-Friendly) 14 & 15, 2022 – at Performing Arts Complex at PCS