Serving the greater dance community throughout the Denver metro area, CCD's Professionals Program offers local dance professionals affordable rentals, daily technique classes, and long term artist residencies at CCD. Designed to support local artists, this program reflects CCD's commitment to building and sustaining the arts within our community.
CCD's donation-only daily professional classes provide a training center for local professionals to develop their craft in a variety of dance techniques. Halfway between Boulder and Denver, these classes serve the entire local dance community with offerings driven by our commitment to high quality dance education at all levels. The program is offered in partnership with the hand-selected group of teachers, often styled as an open company class connecting students with working professionals. Classes are donation based and drop-in friendly.
Current classes run September 2 - December 19, 2014. Check back for updates on 2015 classes, as well as periodic master classes and workshops.
All classes are drop-in available with tuition by donation ($14 recommended). Payments are made directly to the teacher. Studios are available for pre-warm up 15 minutes before classes begin.
|Mondays 10-11:30am||Contemporary||Kate Speer|
|Tuesdays 10-11:30am||Modern||Kat Gurley|
|Wednesdays 10-11:30am*||Modern||Tara Rynders|
|Thursdays 10-11:30am||Contemporary||Patrick Mueller|
|Fridays 10-11:30am||Modern/Jazz||Chris Harris|
*Begins Oct. 15, 2014. No Wednesday classes before this date.
Faculty & Class Descriptions
Our Residency Program promotes a vibrant local professional dance community by offering selected artists support and resources to create ambitious new works and have greater impact and success with their work. CCD offers 3 to 6 month long residencies in which local artists are given the space to create a new evening of work. CCD selects artists based on their artistic merit, the relevance of the proposed project, and the potential impact of the residency and work on the local community and artist's career. This program is designed to promote values of innovation, quality, rigor, and mutual support within the dance community.
With each 3 to 6 month residency, artists will receive:
- a studio dedicated for their usage 9 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday (Sundays also available but will require an additional fee)
- access to CCD's performance space for 1 public showing: work in progress, lecture/demonstration, etc.
- opportunity to offer public classes at CCD through our professionals training program
- publicity development and distribution support
In exchange, residency artists are expected to:
- use their residency time to create new work
- teach two 2 hour workshops to CCD students
- provide 5% revenue share from first 4 performances of the work
- provide advertising reciprocation in all publicity materials
Residency fee is a total of $100 per month. In certain circumstances this amount can be offset by additional teaching or Student Company repertory activities, which can be negotiated on an individual basis. Resident artists are expected to maintain regular and consistent schedules within CCD. CCD reserves the right to claim a studio to meet our needs up until 72 hours in advance of usage.
To apply, please submit:
- resume(s) of lead artist(s)
- concept statement for proposed project
- project timeline, including performance dates, venue, and other pertinent details
- preferred rehearsal schedule
- ideas for the residency workshops you'd like to offer at CCD
All materials can be submitted to Patrick Mueller at email@example.com.
CCD studios are available for rental for rehearsals, classes, and performances. Studios are generally available Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm and all day on Sundays. All rentals must be approved through CCD staff.
|Usage Type||Studio 1||Studio 2-4||Sundays|
|Full day (vacations only)||$250/day||$150/day||+$100/day|
For more information on rentals, email Patrick Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org.