Nutcracker & Studio Company Participation
Annual December performances of The Nutcracker are a beloved American tradition, and they’re a cornerstone of CCD’s performance season. Students and community members ages 5* to 70 perform alongside world class international guest artists and local professionals, in a luscious production at the Performing Arts Complex at Pinnacle Charter School in North Denver.
Nutcracker auditions will be held August 19, 2017. Please see below for Participation Requirements. Sample contracts can be found at the front desk at CCD.
Saturday, August 19
- 2:00-3:00pm – Advanced 2, Advanced 3, PPP (be sure to take regularly scheduled classes prior to this audition)
- 3:00-3:45pm – 5 & 6 year olds
- 3:45-4:45pm – Primary Division
- 5:00-6:00pm – Intermediate Division
- 6:00-7:30pm – Advanced 1
Please arrive at least 30-45 minutes prior to auditions.
Parents, please come inside with your dancer!
Rehearsals & Performance
Rehearsals are generally every Saturday (except Labor Day and Thanksgiving weekends, when possible) beginning on August 26, 2017. Detailed schedules will be handed out at the mandatory Nutcracker Kickoff Meeting on Friday, August 25, 2017.
Performances will happen at the Performing Arts Complex at Pinnacle Charter School on December 9, 10, 16 & 17, 2017, with mandatory dress rehearsals December 5-8 & 13-15.
In order to participate in CCD’s annual Nutcracker performance, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must have performed in at least one CCD Gala production (or equivalent to be approved by Artistic Director)
- There is a non-refundable fee of $225 to participate in The Nutcracker
- Must take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp at CCD or an approved national summer program during the summer of 2017
- Within your 4 full weeks of summer dance camp, attend a minimum of the following ballet classes during the summer camp:
- Summer Divisions 1-2 8 ballet classes
- Summer Divisions 3-4 12 ballet classes
- Summer Divisions 5-6 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- Summer Divisions 7-8 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
For Divisions 2 through 8, ballet classes missed during the summer dance camp can be made up during the interim classes to meet the requirements listed above. Interim weeks are June 5 – June 16 and July 31 – Aug 11. For Division 1 students, missed classes can be made up during the 6 week summer camp.
Please note requirements are number of ballet technique classes attended, not number of hours. Pointe, intensive, specialty dance classes, and private lessons do not count toward these requirements.
Nutcracker Mini’s are those ages 5 & 6. To be eligible for the main Nutcracker cast, you must be 7 years old by Friday, August 25, 2017.
Studio Company Participation
Studio Company is a year long commitment that includes participation in The Nutcracker. All Studio Company members must also meet the same Nutcracker Participation requirements as above. Please visit the Studio Company page for more information, including audition date and time.