Join us for an exciting 2018-2019 Season!
GAGA Summer Class Schedule
CCD is very excited to be bringing you more Gaga classes this summer with Mario Zambrano!
Mr. Zambrano, a multi-disciplinary artist, has been working in the performing arts for the last thirty years. A Presidential Scholar in the Arts, A Princess Grace Fellow, and an Iowa Arts Fellow from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop, he’s been a soloist and principal dancer for Nederalnds Dans Theater, Batsheva Dance Company, and Ballet Frankfurt. At age seventeen, he was the youngest full-company member to ever join Hubbard Street Dance Chicago.
Gaga Class Info:
Gaga offers a new way to reach a deeper knowledge and understanding of one’s self via the body and its movement. Gaga encourages, teaches and cultivates multi dimensional movement, efficiency and texture of movement, the use of explosive power, the connection between pleasure and effort, quickness, clarity of intention, and stamina. It enables recognition of one’s own movement habits and helps to acquire new ones. Essentially, Gaga increases one’s understanding of the body’s weaknesses and strengths, as well as its response to them. Through Gaga, one works to break down physical barriers in order to reach a greater comprehension and control of instinctive movements. Ultimately, Gaga empowers the experiences of pleasure, stillness, positivism, and happiness. The Gaga movement language is a tool that can be utilized by dancers and non- dancers alike.
- Gaga/People (1 hr) – Gaga/people classes are open to people ages 16+, regardless of their background in dance or movement. No previous dance experience is needed.
- Gaga/Dancers (1 hr )– Gaga/dancers classes are open to professional dancers or advanced dance students ages 16+.
Please come with bare feet. No viewers are allowed. The only people in the studio should be participants. No latecomers are allowed. Once the class has begun the door should be closed and no one should enter.
- June 3 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 5 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 7 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 8 – Gaga/People – 12:00pm-1:15pm
- June 10 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 12 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 14 – Gaga/Dancer – 4:45pm-6:00pm
- June 15 – Gaga/People – 12:00pm-1:15pm
- July 8 – Gaga/Dancer – 2:00pm-3:15pm
- July 10 – Gaga/Dancer – 2:00pm-3:15pm
- July 12 – Gaga/Dancer – 2:00pm-3:15pm
- July 13 – Gaga/People – 12:00pm-1:15pm
$30 Drop-in rate per class
Gaga 3 Class Package – $75
Gaga 6 Class Package – $150
Gaga 9 Class Dancer Package – $225
Please contact the front desk to register, pre-pay and guarantee your spot. 303.466.5685