About our Studio Company
Established in 1993, our Studio Company gives upper level students significant performing opportunities throughout the year, including two annual concerts presented to the public in February and May, as well as performing in CCD’s The Nutcracker, and lecture demonstrations to Broomfield and Boulder County elementary schools.
Studio Company dancers maintain classical and contemporary repertoire, rehearsing and studying 20-25 hours per week from August to June. This group of dedicated dancers is also individually coached in preparing classical variations for the Denver Ballet Guild Young Dancers Competition held each March.
Students who are in Advanced 2 Beginning Pointe or higher and have met Nutcracker summer training requirements are eligible to join the Studio Company. There is a non-refundable participation fee of $500 (which includes participation in The Nutcracker). Students may also audition for a la carte – please keep an eye out for further information. Auditions for 2018-2019 Studio Company Members were held on August 14.
Summer Participation Requirements:
- Must take at least 4 full weeks of summer dance camp at CCD or an approved national summer program during the summer of 2018
- Within your 4 full weeks of summer dance camp, attend a minimum of the following ballet classes during the summer camp:
- *Advanced 2 – 4 weeks as a minimum = 20 ballet classes (8 minimum at CCD)
- *Advanced 3/4/PPP – 4 weeks as a minimum = 30 ballet classes (10 minimum at CCD)
- *new fall placement levels
2018-2019 Season Class Requirements:
- Advanced 2 – at least 3 ballet classes, 3 beginning pointe (ladies), or 1 Men’s class (men) + 1 additional ballet, composition, contemporary, and either jazz or modern.
- Advanced 3 – at least 4 ballet classes, 3 pointe (ladies), or Men’s class (men), Pas de Deux, Composition and two of the following: jazz, modern or contemporary.
- Advanced 4 – at least 5 ballet classes, 3 pointe (ladies), or 1 Men’s class (men), Pas de Duex, Composition, Contemporary and either jazz or modern.
- Pre-Professional Program – all Pre-Professional Program classes
Training requirements must be fulfilled through enrollment in classes at Colorado Conservatory of Dance.
Congratulation to our 2018-2019 Studio Company members!
Blythe TruheAnd our Al la Carte Members:Estella Hageman (Spring Show)
Greer Harper (Anti-Bullying programming)
Amelie Klemmt – (Anti-Bullying programming)
Make sure to not miss our 2018-2019 season!
The Nutcracker – December 8, 9, 14, 15 & 16 – at the Performing Arts Complex at PCS
Tales en Pointe Winter Performance – February 22 & 23 – at Colorado Conservatory of Dance
Young Choreographer’s Showcase – March 23 – at Broomfield Auditorium
Spring Concert – May 11 – at Broomfield Auditorium
|August-December varies with Nutcracker roles. January-June 2-7pm.|